Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The New Daily Scott

Through much thought and discussion I've decided to remove the limits of "The Daily Scott."  My day-to-day activities shall supply topics for examination and sharing.  So, without further ado, The (New) Daily Scott.

A few weeks ago while running on Dick Road, I spotted an owl landing and perching on a telephone pole.  I "who'd" at her or him and she or he flew away.  Notice I said who, owls don't hoot.

Last week I took Jen's Laura to Seattle and went to dinner with Kevin at an Italian restaurant called Bizzarro.  I had gnocchi (pronounced n-yo-key) and Kevin had a sugar-snap pea carbonara.   Both delicious.  I went to the space needle and had fun taking photos (for other people).  Ha ha.  They provide a "complimentary" (pronounced $18) photo shot in front of a green screen.  
Who says getting older means no fun?  On my way home I drove along the coast, discovering a nuclear power plant west of Tacoma (which smells rancid...Tacoma that is).  I stopped at Butte Creek Campground where my mind started playing tricks on me.  The kind of tricks that make you think something's after you.
Its poop again!
Then I almost stepped in bear poo.  And I knew something was after me.  I walked back to the car thinking, "No one knows where I am." combined with, "I'm too young to die!"
Then I got home.  Jen fixed my shark tooth necklace as a nice surprise for my arrival home.  Then I slept.

After the Jamie Cullum concert at the zoo (good show indeed), I was departing the zoo premises when the lion started roaring.  I love nature.  Especially when its caught and penned up for my personal enjoyment.  Tonight the wolves were howling as Jen and I sat on a bench in Hoyt Arboretum.  And, tigers watch you very closely when you're the only person in the park.  Also, I would like to note the free-roaming animals which one might find at the zoo (in order of increasing size) : sparrows, mice, chipmunks, gophers, rabbits, crows, raccoons, and rats.

I think we're mostly caught up now.  Bye

1 comment:

  1. I'm fighting with the editor about where my pictures should go...I'm losing.

    ReplyDelete