Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Web Design

I've recently started building a website.  Granted, its a cookie-cutter, no html formatting (for me at least) kind of deal where I drag and drop, type a few words, and suddenly, "Poof!" website.

It seems that I've taken for granted the time commitment involved in truly building a site.  Beyond learning the basics of html (which will give you the ability to post a picture somewhere on the page at a size you're unaware of and in a location you're ticked off about) there are hundreds of details involved in building even a single page.

I've spent between ten and fifteen hours tinkering, gathering information, setting up analytics, typing, and creating links and I'm nowhere near the point where I can confidently publish even the home page to my website.  Not to mention, I'm using pictures that are placed in the public domain and templates created by some web guru.

Point being, the next time you click around a nicely designed website, consider the time and effort that someone (or probably many someones) put into launching such a piece of creativity in design and function.

Build One :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment