Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Athletic Goals

I've set forth on a running journey with a number of goals in mind.  First, I aim at completing a marathon in April or May, 2011.  My super-great, everything-goes-as-planned and I run faster than ever imaginable would qualify me for the Boston Marathon (3:10:00).  Realistically, I'm aiming at the four hour mark, while pushing for something slightly more special.

Secondly, I've decided that finishing an Ironman Triathalon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run) sits as a goal on the horizon.  Cut-off times exist for each discipline as well as a 17-hours overall time limit.  Considering I have no idea how long it takes me to ride one mile (much less 112), and I'm not sure I can swim 50 meters anymore I haven't set a time goal for this other than completion within the allotted time frame.  Furthermore, I anticipate participation in numerous shorter sprint, Olympic, and half-Ironman within the next few years as preparation for one of the most grueling individual athletic tests of our day.

Finally, any and all encouragement/advice/comments/cheering in the coming months and years are always welcome and usually encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment